Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday

Monday morning started off well.
I woke without a trace of the sinus pain that bothered me all day yesterday.
I did my usual sinus wash with which I begin each day.
This morning, my assignment was to cover a Neches River tour that a group of volunteers here to help with Hurricane Ike recovery was taking.
I went out to the boat launch and was dismayed when I drove up and the boat was nowhere in sight. I thought I was late and they'd left without me.
But it turned out the boat trip had been cancelled because the boat was stranded by a low tide and wind.
So instead, we went for a walk. It was a bright clear breezy morning.
So when I got back to my car and my head was starting to hurt, I thought perhaps it was from pollen and other stuff blowing around.
I needed to go back by my house to change from boating clothes to office clothes, so when I was there, I did another nasal wash. The warm salt water felt good and it seemed to do the trick. I was pleased.
But later, in the office, the pain started up again.
I sort of knew it was no longer sinus, but hoping it was (because that seems more easily cured) I took a sinus pill.
No effect.
As I felt the searing fingers of migraine wrap around my brain and start to squeeze, I realized to my dismay that I did not have my Relpax with me.
I'd taken it out of my purse and put it in my backpack yesterday when I went for my bike ride and neglected to return it.
Shit.
I thought about driving home to pick it up, but I had two things to write up, and I figured I'd just try to get my work done really fast and rush home early.
That worked okay.
I'm home now. Took the stuff about half an hour ago. So far not feeling the familiar woozy feeling when the stuff starts to work.
It's a little worrisome, because as anyone with migraines knows, if you wait too long, meds don't help. Not really sure why that is.
So now I'm just waiting.
I probably should go lie down. I don't think I'm doing myself any favors by sitting here staring into a computer screen. Usually at the end of the day there's nothing I want more than to lie down on my bed, pet my cat and read a book.
Oddly, right now, I don't really feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment