Monday, June 15, 2009

Getting old

That's a little play on words -- the title of this entry, I mean.
It's just my little way of being funny about having a headache that's creeping into its third day and how it's making me worry about aging.
Anyway, it started Saturday and it's now Monday morning.
At no point has it been totally debilitating -- it's just kept me from doing some things I wanted to do and made things I did do less enjoyable.
I guess I should be grateful it isn't any worse.
But wretch that I am, I'm not grateful. I just want it to stop already.
I've been assuming that this is a hormonal thing, that I'm sliding into menopause (kicking and screaming) and that there's no telling where it will end.
The fact that I woke up early this morning (4 a.m.-ish), too hot and had to turn the a/c temperature down a couple degrees does nothing to dispell this illusion.
But who knows? Maybe it's something else.
A sinus thing?
I should be getting ready for work now -- though going to work sounds about as thrilling as a root canal just about now.
I'm working Saturday and this should be my day off to compensate, but my editor asked me to wait and take off next Friday because a lot of people are on vacation
I guess if it starts getting bad I'll go home.
IMHO it should start going away soon. I was waiting for that to happen yesterday afternoon and evening, but...

No comments:

Post a Comment