Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Potatoes, turnips

I have a very slight headache right now that wouldn't be worth mentioning, except that I've had it for about the past three days.
Not really sure what's up, but I also haven't slept very well all week. Sunday night I had very restless legs (but maybe that's a subject for another blog...)
I don't know if it's my hormones being all kooky and shit or what, but it's worrisome.
I'm glad it's (so far) stayed a mild pain, but -- I guess my fear is that the wild yam, which has been so very good, is losing its effectiveness, or maybe the hormones are dropping even more and the wild yam just can't fight it any more.
I'm trying not to indulge my fears.

A week ago on Monday I had a pretty bad migraine. I was at work and trying to finish up a story -- it wasn't a very difficult story, so I thought I could get it knocked out and get home and chill out and maybe everything would be fine. It's not like I can always tell how bad it's going to be, so I was being optimistic about it.
But I just started feeling worse and worse.
I finished the story and lurched to the ladies room and puked my guts out.
As I think I've said before, I really dislike throwing up, tho I did feel a tiny bit better afterward, but mainly it makes me feel oddly better psychologically.
It's that thing I think other migraine sufferers deal with -- people around us seem to think we're faking it or something, but projectile vomiting (which I'm fairly sure this was) is difficult to fake.

Anyway, it was all pretty miserable.

Just writing about it is making my head hurt.

There's another thing I haven't really addressed here -- superstition.

There was a time I used to call headaches "potatoes" -- or was it "turnips" -- because I was afraid just by saying the name I would somehow bring one on. Kind of a giving it the power of the word type of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment