Saturday, June 13, 2009

What to do...

Headache today.
Trying not to take Relpax and I might have waited too long for it to be any use anyway.
I had a big day of Getting Things Done planned.
I've been busy with one project and another on the weekends the past few months and my apartment shows it. It's been bugging me, so I made an ambitious to-do list this morning.
I got a few things checked off, and was on my way to drop off recycling and Goodwill donations and pick up cedar sachets so I could put away my winter clothes. But my head was starting to hurt.
As usual, deciding what to do was not easy.
My first impulse was to continue what I had planned, and take Relpax if it seemed like things were getting out of hand. After all, I had some good Getting Things Done momentum going on.
But then I thought maybe I should go pick up the cedar sachets on my bike. Exercise sometimes helps and even if it doesn't, it's always good to get in a work out... right?
So I went and it was good to be on my bike, even though the pain didn't abate much if at all.
On my way home, the dilemma intensified.
I knew if I was going to take it, I would have to take it soon.
But sometimes the exercise cure takes a little time to work.
So I got home and poured a glass of water and sat on the back steps pondering the question.
Maybe it doesn't seem like much of a dilemma to anyone else, but I really don't like taking Relpax, (except for the getting rid of the headache part) because of the side effects; I don't think I should take Relpax, because the side effects make me worry that it's doing something bad to me in the long term; and then of course there is the issue of rebound headaches, which makes me avoid taking it if I possibly can.
So here I am. My head hurts and I was planning to go to a party tonight.
Bummer.
On the bright side, there's a very pleasant breeze blowing in my window for mid-June in Southeast Texas...
If I thought anyone was reading this, I'd ask you to send me healing energy or pray for me or whatever sort of positive thinking you prefer.
I'll take whatever goodness the universe has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment